Accounts Payable Clerk I Great Benefits I Hybrid after 90 days
Colorado Springs, CO 80903 US
Apply today, work tomorrow, get paid weekly! Are you looking for a company that is hiring immediately? We re now hiring immediately for our AP Clerk job in Colorado Springs, CO.
What We Offer
Weekly Pay of $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Direct deposit & debit card payment options
- Full Time employees eligible for health, vision and dental coverage; receive holiday pay and earn discretionary time off; participate in employee pension plan once converted
- Get weekends off
- Great Temp-to-hire opportunity!
- Hybrid schedule after 90 days
AP Clerk Tasks & Duties (What You'll Do)
To further the spiritual and religious mission of the Diocese by helping the accounting department in the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit, and general clerical. Input changes, additions, payments, and intentions in the ParishSOFT Family Suite.
- Perform preliminary review of check requisitions and incoming statements for completeness and accuracy in Chrome River.
- Verify the totals and that appropriate backup information is attached including W-9 and contract agreements.
- Update recurring bills.
- Enter all bills in Chrome River.
- Match invoices to statements.
- Follow up with departments/vendors on missing documentation for check requisitions.
- Maintain files of checks, stubs, data reports, and requisitions.
- Send credit card statements to departments and enter monthly Diocesan charges.
- Prepare and process weekly vendor payments.
- Enter data regarding adjusting journal entries to the general ledger for the diocesan, pension plans, and Catholic Foundation.
Development/Demographic Database ParishSOFT Family Suite
- Backup/give support to Donor Services Coordinator, as needed.
- Enter intentions/donations for Diocesan Ministry Appeal and fundraising programs.
- Enter demographic updates.
- Assist in opening and listing of incoming mail daily.
- Open and date stamp all accounting mail and distribute as appropriate.
- Create pdf version of various monthly reports and deliver to recipients by e-mail, mail, or fax.
- File documents as needed.
- Record retention: Prepare records for on-site and long-term off-site storage. Destroy appropriate records per Diocesan policy.
- Maintain AP email and company email.
- Respond in timely manner.
AP Clerk Shift Info
- Day Shift, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Monday - Friday
AP Clerk Qualifications (Requirements / Skills)
- High School diploma, prefer Associates degree in related field.
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping.
- Ability to work with highly detailed, confidential information required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge and ability to work accurately with accounting software systems.
- Ability to learn the ParishSOFT Accounting System, Microsoft Office, Chrome River and Development/Demographic Database.
- Demonstrate an attitude of service and openness to interruptions.
- Knowledge of clerical and accounting principles, and the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and correct errors.
- Ability to work with detailed tasks with a high level of accuracy and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and others outside of the Diocese.
- Ability to follow pre-determined routine and work within established parameters.
- Ability to receive instruction, to be organized, flexible, and be able to prioritize a diverse workload.
- Ability to communicate accounting information effectively with others (who possess a wide range of accounting competencies).
- Develop a tolerance for those not in compliance with deadlines.
- Ability to discern when to pass inquiries on to others.
- Ability to work independently and maintain focus.
- Ability to be responsive to phone, e-mail, and walk-in inquiries.
- Dependable and conscientious
- Able to pass a background check
Apply today, AR Clerk - Hiring Immediately essential jobs near Colorado Springs, CO 80904 typically fill quickly!
About Ascend Staffing
Ascend Staffing has been connecting great people with real opportunities for over 50 years. We are always looking for great people. If you re ready to earn more, get real benefits and achieve your goals, you ve come to the right place.
Want to contact us?
Ascend Staffing Colorado Springs
3134 W Colorado Ave
Call (719) 473-5800 or Text (719) 394-9350
Related Job Titles
- Billing Specialist
- AP Clerk
- Accounting Clerk
- - Hiring Immediately Jobs
Looking to be hired right now? Looking for jobs that offer weekly pay, and have great benefits in your area? Ascend Staffing exists to help job seekers find local jobs near them and has been doing so for over 50 years!