2nd Shift General Production
Springville, UT 84663
Deliver food commodities from prep areas to production line areas; clean and sanitize floors and work areas (Ingredient Handler duties); or hand weigh, hand scoop, and/or hand count frozen or warm food commodities at standard speeds (Prep Weight duties).
These positions require standing at a workstation for the length of the shift.
*Note There are 2 (15 minute) breaks and 1 (30-minute) Meal Period
- 2nd Shift Options
- Monday through Saturday
- 4 / 10-hour shifts.
(Production schedules may vary occasionally, depending on the needs of the company.)
- Start Times will vary between 2-5PM for 2nd shift.
Employees tend to appreciate longer shifts and fewer working days, allowing more time with family or for a second job or hobby, and a variety of benefits.
Must be able to:
- Work the shift assigned.
- Work every day scheduled and can arrive at work station on or before scheduled start time.
- Work as a team and work overtime as needed.
- Communicate well, both verbally and written, in English.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures including wearing safety shoes, hearing protection and safety glasses.
- Observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and USDA policies.
- identify and sort out sub-standard products, taking care with appearance of product.
- Properly hand weigh, hand scoop, hand count frozen (0-degree) or warm (up to 120-degree) commodities at standard speeds for the job being performed.
- Is able to weigh commodities accurately within 1-gram tolerance and not waste excess amount of ingredients.
- Lift 60 lbs. Bags of raw ingredients from 6 inches off the ground to waist level. Detect evacuation alarms and forklift warning devices.
- Is able to work in refrigerated or warm area with temperatures ranging from 0 - 100 degrees F.
- Walk on concrete or tile surfaces, which can be uneven, wet and slippery.
- Understand location and purpose of E-stops and pull cords.
Prep-Weight duties are also an essential job function of the General Production duties. Additional General Production Duties are below.
Must be able to:
- Pull a multi-pan rack weighing up to 1000 lbs. Up to 200 yards at a time. This may be done 15-25 times per shift.
- Carry up to 50 lbs. Of ingredients up and down 4-6 steps, 25-35 times per shift.
- Lift 60 pounds intermittently, carry 50 pounds, push/pull 1000 pounds
- Lift up to 200 cases or pans per shift, cases/pans weigh up to 50 lbs. Each. (Lifting is from 6 inches off the ground to shoulder height.)